USSSA ALL AMERICAN WINTER PROGRAM FAQ
Please read below to find answers to our most frequently asked questions regarding the USSSA All American Program.
WHAT IS THE USSSA ALL AMERICAN PROGRAM?
The USSSA All American Program was created in 2015 to increase individual opportunities for baseball players to showcase their skills and represent their local area in a National event. The All American Program creates an environment where athletes ages 8 to 14 are evaluated by the top athletes and coaches, then compete in a unique tournament. Athletes are evaluated based on their individual skill level and athleticism.
Following the evaluations, ALL athletes will be placed on a team to represent their Region in the USSSA Winter All American Games hosted at the USSSA Space Coast Complex in Viera, Florida. At the Games, Regional teams will compete against each other in a fun, competitive environment.
WHO WILL SELECT THE USSSA ALL AMERICAN TEAMS?
- The National staff from USSSA will select the USSSA All American Teams based on the evaluations. There will be no outside influences when evaluating a participant or in selecting the teams. All scores are non-negotiable, the scores that are given by the evaluators will be the scores calculated in the overall evaluation.
WHAT AGE DO I REGISTER FOR?
By entering the correct birthdate, the participant will automatically be put in the correct age group. For USSSA, age eligibility is determined strictly by birth year. Please visit the following link for the Age Calculator. For the USSSA Winter All American Games, we will be constructing teams in the age categories of 8/9U,10U,11U,12U,13U,14U.
WHAT POSITIONS CAN I SELECT?
- Each participant can select two positions ONLY. We will pick the best athletes to fit the needs of that particular team based on their scores from the tryout.
- Once on the team athletes may be asked to play other positions based on the needs of the team. We do this to maximize their playing time while attending the games.
MY SON IS A PITCHER, WHO WILL WARM HIM UP AND CATCH FOR HIM DURING THE TRYOUT?
- For the pitching evaluations we will use a catcher from the tryout to warm up and catchers and the pitchers. The pitchers and catchers will be evaluated at the same time.
WHAT DO I DO AFTER I REGISTER MY SON FOR THE TRYOUT?
- The USSSA All American Tryout Director will be sending out an email a few days before the event with all the specific information.
- Any and all updates will be listed on the event page.
- We will also post tryout specific information and updates on our @usssaallamerican social media platforms.
WHEN WILL THE TEAMS BE SELECTED?
- Teams will be selected following the evaluations.
I AM A COACH, CAN MY WHOLE TEAM ATTEND?
- Yes, however, they will be evaluated on an individual basis, not as a whole team.